L'ecole
School has started and I'm already learning quite a bit. At least, in some classes I am.
I've been thinking a lot about how I construct my sentences, and while on here it's a lot less formal than say, a paper, but I still throw commas in unnecessarily and frequently have fragmented sentences that I leave. I have to write a 2-page-ish rough draft for an assignment that, while not especially challenging or intellectual, is forcing me to get creative and is certainly interesting to do. I have a few poem ideas, but I haven't had much time to write any.
I have been reading Eleven Seconds, by Travis Roy (A summer reading book) but I also bought House of Leaves by Mark E. Danielewski the other day and am so excited to read it. I think it has a Raw Shark Texts feel. Check out this web site I found and now love with all my heart. It's called GoodReads and it's an awesome way to track, review, and rate books you've read, are reading, or want to read. The latter option is my particular favorite, and my to-read list is already almost up to 20.
I've been eating healthier lately (except for the cookies n' cream ice cream I just had ha!)
and have decided to eat meat once or twice a week at the most. It's proven thus far to be cheaper, and has caused me to be much more creative with my meals and eat more veggies/fruits.
Hope all is well with you!
-M
Comments