Encumberence

The trees reach their branches out to me
as I walk beneath them
they say, Be a woman
Be elegant

The sun spits when it talks,
streams of gold carry me messages
it calls to me, Be a child
Be innocent

My memory blows bubbles,
they're filled with your secrets
and our handshakes
They tell me, Be a friend
Be loyal

There's stories sewn into your
sheets, tangled in them and you
they read, Be a lover
Be vulnerable

The sharpener screams in a low,
grinding voice as it readies my
tool, 21st century spear
sharpening. It shrieks, Be a student
Be ambitious

Old VHS tapes and photo albums
provide proof of a past
I was too young to recall,
they insist Be a daughter,
Be reputable

My reflection peers at me,
It sneers, demands Be yourself
Be free

Pressure fills my ears
as if I've swam too deep underwater.
Well, it's safe to say I'm in over my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick update before bed

Bridges And Balloons :D

Age old New shoes, and the buddy system.