A whole lot of happenings

My birthday was great.
I received over 200$ from my mom/Steve, my dad, Kim, my mom's sister, Steve's mother, Elise, and my dad's sister/cousins.
My mother also gave me a whole bunch of much needed makeup, The Sims 2 Apartment Life from Sam,Kelly gave me a new flannel shirt that I had picked out on one of our shopping trips, Alex gave me some candy and a card, my dad gave me an american apparel forest green hoodie that hasn't come in yet, Tiffany gave me some cupcakes that had H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y M I A written on them, which was very sweet and yummy at the same time. I also got other cards/signs from a lot of people from school, and countless birthday hugs. Overall, it was a really nice birthday, and I felt loved and appreciated by everyone. I had a small gathering with Steve, my mom, and A&K the night before my birthday, and a little diddly at my dad's with him, Kim, Broadie (of course) my dad's sister Sue, my cousin Sarah, Sue's boyfriend Ron, A&K, and with surprise appearances by Sam and Elise.

I got my progress report from school, and I'm passing all of my classes. I mostly got good comments on my behavior etc., except an "unattentive and easily distracted" in my algebra class, which isn't a surprise since I mostly dick around in that class anyways, and an "incomplete/missing assignments" in French, but I handed in all of my assignments, just late which I know isn't good, but at least I've handed them in.

Last thursday, Rachel came to visit. A girl she goes to school with has a boyfriend at UMASS Amherst and wanted to visit him, so she paid for Rachel's gas or something of the sort, which is awesome, and Rachel was able to come visit. Despite getting lost in dangerous Springfield, she made it to the Mazzalak household where I gave her a tour, and she met Alex, Steve, Sam, and my mom. Then we tried to go to Goodwill, but they were closed. So we went to Panera and I oggled one of the employees (His facial hair, honestly. I cannot even explain.) Then we went to Iparty, tried on masks, Rachel bought a fake moustache that ruled. After that we stopped at the dollar store, got some gumballs and super glue etc. Then we went to F.Y.E and made fun of Hannah Montana. After our adventures, we went back to my house where my mom talked to Rachel for too long about how to get home, hung out a little bit, and then said our farewells. It was so nice, one of the best birthday- I received.

This weekend has been really good,
casually exciting.

Friday I didn't go to school, I have a vicious cold right now. I woke up friday morning and couldn't even talk. I made a cup of tea, and then Brianna Ashe came over for a birthday visit since we hadn't had a chance to see each other since my birthday. She brought me a cup of broccoli cheddar soup from Panera, which was so sweet and unnecessary of her. For my birthday she gave me a brown american apparel v-neck and an olive green AA scarf as well as a canvas and an adorable hand-made card.

Saturday, yesterday, was Elise's birthday. Elise, Kara, and I went out to dinner at 99 and made inappropriate gestures and acted like a family (I was an alchoholic, depressed housewife), had some good food, and that little shit Elise insisted on paying for it. ON HER BIRTHDAY. whateva. So then we went to the movies, and met up with Dee, who was chillin' with Ari, Ali, Hannah, Christine, and this kid Eric(k?). Eric(k?) is my twin sister. He called Dee "sister" and threw the sass right back at her. He's grade A beef. We saw Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, which was better than I'd hoped it would be. I've read the book twice I think, and had kind of felt like I'd outgrown it to an extent, that it was just a cheezy romance teen "let's like totally get lost in the city" movie, but much to my pleasant surprise, it was really nice. The music was excellent, as I'd hoped it would be. Actually, the love of my life, Devendra Banhart was IN the movie. I literally fell out of my sticky, popcorn covered movie theatre chair I was squirming so much. They also played "Lover" twice during the movie. After our shenanigans, I came home and fell right asleep.

Today I went to Panera with Derek, and his friends Joe, Eric, Pat, and Viet. We ran into Alex and Kelly there, and then went to Heritage Park to nom in nature. After we ate, we played tag for a while and I ended up laying down in the shade for a while and just chillaxin' which was groovy. Alex & Kelly came over after they had finished and we all just sat in the park. The boys were boys and messed around throwing sticks and jumping off of things while K and I talked about college/travel/languages/future stuff. Then D and I went home with A & K, and D and I walked to the plumtree market for tea and gum. When we came home we sat around talking and visiting. I feel like I never see him anymore, even though he's going to school but 2 miles away. After that, Kelly and I decided we wanted to go to the mall. So we drove to her house to pick up her car, went to the mall where I bought a cute black/floral skirt from H&M and a new winter/fall jacket at Forever 21. I am stoked about these purchases. Kelly bought a sweater/dress from H&M and Ugg boots from Journey's. After the mall we went back to her house where we hung out a little, got cooking stuff for tonight, and she made us some coffee. This was my first time having coffee in like 8 months or something, so the caffeine will probably drive me insane very soon. Now we're listening to Devendra Banhart's Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon and making breaded chicken/linguine. My parents are out of town in Vermont this weekend, so it's going to be really relaxed and fun just me and the bros.

Tomorrow we don't have school, so that will be fantastic. I think Elise, Deanna and I are going to go Halloween costume shopping at Goodwills around here, and then we might come back to my house because Dee and I want to see who can ride their bike without using their hands the farthest. I've been training all summer, so we'll see how that goes if it happens. We're being Mario party characters for halloween, Elise is Luigi, Dee is Toad I think, and I'm Mario.
"It's a-me, Mia-rio!"
Clever, right?

Well, I think I'm going to go help out with dinner. Shall be an interesting evening, I will have my camera for these festivities. I can't wait to get these pictures developed.

Oh Oh by the fucking way,
there's an Of Montreal show, october 29th, and I'm pretty fucking sure that I am going.
SOOOOO STOKED.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick update before bed

Bridges And Balloons :D

Age old New shoes, and the buddy system.