August 25, 2008

I haven't been very disciplined about writing here this whole summer.
I have no excuses, I'm just lazy, unproductive, and smelly.

I went to my parents' camper with them, Elise, and my brother Derek for a few days.
We met some really interesting people at this fair they were having. We bought a bag and filled it with some really strange knick-knacks for 1$. We met a wizard named Ed, who Elise and I tied the knot with. We met some kids around our age, and we watched Ed the wizard together. One of the kids, Patrick told me and Elise to find him on Myspace. For laughs we tried, but to no avail. We had a pretty nice time, but I wasn't feeling all that well, so we didn't kayak or anything.

The day after we came home from Vermont, I went to Cape Cod with Elise's family.
We had a really nice time, we went on a bike trail, played mini-golf, went to the mall,
visited a glass blowing museum, and played taboo every night (Which Eelz and I pwn at, thank you very much.)

I haven't been doing much else, I really need to get things in gear for school, I have to finish The Chosen, my math packet, and I haven't even started my science packet or This I believe.

Lately I've been really lazy and I'm not proud. However, I have made some recent discoveries, and I think you should watch In the Land of Women, because Adam Brody is a foxy guy. Oh, and Bloc Party's album? #%$&*. Brilliant. 'Biko' is definitely a favorite.

I bought 'Prozac Nation' and I have to control myself every second to not start reading it. I'm really excited, it sounds amazing.

Today, Brianna picked me up and we drove to Enfield, where we went to Michael's, Target, Home Depot, and a DollarTree. I bought some paint brushes and a cute holder for them for 5$ at Michael's, and then about 12$ worth of care package presents for Rachel. We looked at paint at Home Depot, and it was really fun. I started this day out feeling shitty, and now I feel pretty good. It's the perfect time of day, it's starting to get cooler out, and I'm no longer terrified to start school.

Tomorrow, my dad is taking me to New York City, which'll be really fun. Brianna is supposed to be going with us, which I am very happy about. My dad is such a good guy. He's the best of both worlds. In one sense, he is protective, he's caring, and he is someone I can go to for advice or reassurance. But at the same time, he's a kid. He knows how to have fun, he's the most spontaneous person I know. There is nothing holding him back, and it's beautiful to see that you can be an adult and still have this sense of innocent happiness that my dad has.

So now I've just finished a box of skittles, and a pack of Chicklet's gum. I have some pictures I want to upload, just some photography that I'm sick of keeping on my computer.
I am working on my Lady paintings, and have some good ideas about that.

I'm going to start writing more, I promise.
I love riding my bike. I'm going to go for a bike ride now.
I am really getting good at riding with no hands. I feel really good.

I am finally looking to the future with a positive view.
I just want to say, that Elise, you're my best friend.
I love and appreciate everything you do for me.
Really. Thank you.

Comments

Elise said…
Mia,

I love you.

Elise.

Popular posts from this blog

Quick update before bed

Bridges And Balloons :D

Age old New shoes, and the buddy system.