Om

The purpose of an Om ring:


"Fill your life with unity by understanding that every decision has an effect on your life."


I was at the convenient store around the corner yesterday and I noticed the woman working the cash register had a diamon om ring. I immediately showed her mine. Her eyes went wide and she said, "You know what this is?! You know what Om is?"
I told her I did. She said, "You know this is the sacred. You must not touch alcohol while wearing this ring!"
I nodded and she motioned for me to come over to the side of the counter so she could look at my ring. I took it off and she held it in her hands and smiled. 
"You are not Hindu... right?" She asked.
"No, I'm not."
"Do you practice yoga?"
"Yes!"
Then her husband laughed and said, "We must find you an Indian boyfriend! We will get you one!"


I originally bought my Om ring to remind me of my connection to myself, my spirituality, and the world around me through yoga. Yoga shows me a way to feel unified with all of the jumbled, fluctuating pieces of the universe that make up Mia Mazzaferro. My ring reminds me to relax, to look towards the future, to appreciate that everything in me is everything in the universe. The quote above, which I found on a web site selling an Om ring presents another purpose of the ring. Our lives are chains of every decision we make, beginning with our attitude every sunrise. Deciding to live a life of purpose, happiness, and compassion can effect every event to come for the rest of our lives in the most positive way.


Smile today, my friends.



-m

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick update before bed

Bridges And Balloons :D

Age old New shoes, and the buddy system.