Thought Through Though
This is a poem from a really strange dream I had last night. In the dream "this" poem was read to me by a stranger. This is what I've done with what I remember of the poem combined with some things I've been trying to express in a poem lately.
Thought this would be a little more simple
but the post it notes on my mirror like adhesive memoirs
are thought bubbles from my reflection
I'd thought it through though
or at least so I'd thought
I guess not
Through her initials marked on places in our neighborhood
we communicated
this way we had of "running into each other"
by carved names and declarations of our presence
now our stories twist like the stems of flowers
who'd chinned up at the sound of her laughter
Though I know he's digging me
cause his nails are digging into me
it keeps sliding up my throat to the tip of my tongue
but I swallow your name back down to my gut
turning taste buds into goose bumps
and it feels like you're here watching me
M
Comments