Learning


'Sup?

Another thing that's really on my mind at this time and is something I want to make a part of the new year/decade is my education. In my post from New Years' Day where I wrote about my resolutions, I wrote about wanting to make better decisions about school related issues. This is a separate matter from that, in some ways. I have been really interested in learning lately. Honestly, a combination as varied as seeing the films Avatar and Australia, to reading Kurt Vonnegut, to learning about human trafficking in NYC and San Francisco from my friend Michael who is working on a documentary about it, to deciding whether to make my confirmation in the Catholic church or not. I just want to be a sponge and learn as much as I can. I'm also really trying to learn from other people, to admit when I am wrong and try to understand their perspective as much as possible.

At the same time, I am trying to get as much as possible out of my school education: learning from teachers' experiences, peers, and taking my own lessons from the material we look at.


Comments

Paul said…
I can really identify with this post. I never felt enthused about learning in high school. Now things are much different. Keep experiencing!

My favorite Kurt Vonegut book is Cats Craddle. Have you read it?

Hope youre enjoying the snow in good ol MA :)
Travone said…
I completely try to do the same thing. Learning and trying to understand other people, and finding out what is right & wrong for me. It's open the mind to so much I feel.
Mia said…
Paul: I just feel like I can learn something from every experience, if not something factual, I can learn something about myself or try to be a better person.
Cat's Cradle was my favorite too! I either want to be in Costa Rica or I want a blizzard. It's like in between right now and it's boring me.

Travone: I'm trying to approach every situation with an open mind and listen to other peoples' opinions with one. I know how much it means when other people have an open mind to my opinions, so I'm going to reciprocate that.

Popular posts from this blog

Quick update before bed

Bridges And Balloons :D

Age old New shoes, and the buddy system.