Craziness/ more VT adventures

Hellooo friends,
I'm still in Vermont. Tonight is my last night here. I've been having some wild adventures. Yesterday, my brother Derek and I went kayaking down the river here. At one part there were quite a bit of rapids and I hit into a rock and flipped over. I held onto the kayak so that it woudn't drift away down the river, but as I held on I was dragged through the water into rocks. I was getting hit in the face and especially the shins. Every step I tried to take, my kayak would weigh be down and the current would sweep my off my feey. My legs are so battered and ruined, my freaking TOES are bruised. All the while, my brother was ahead of me watching and trying to help by paddling against the current to no avail because he had caught my paddle when it floated away and was trying to balance himself, paddle back to me, and have both paddles with him. I was shaking and screaming, I really thought I was going to die, I was on a crazy adrenaline rush. Anyways, we finally found a spot where we could pull over into the rocks. My kayak was so filled with water. My brother emptied out my kayak and we eventually got back into the water and made it safely back to our campsite. My brothers (minus alex) and their girlfriends (minus Kelly and Nathaly) left after dinner yesterday and it's just been me, my mom, and my stepdad.

Today, my mom and I went to Chester, this pretty cool town about 18 miles away from here. We stopped in some cute little shops, I even took a picture with the sweetest golden retriever that belonged to the owner of one of the shops. Speaking of which, I've been taking a lot of really cool pictures since I've been here. We didn't find anything at the little shops so we went to this huge antique place, it was a dream come true. However, the clothing portion of the store was closed, which I was disappointed about but that's okay. We also found this little thrift store in a woman's home, where I bought some cowboy boots (Expect pictures in a later post).
Overall, this trip has been really fun (except almost dying) and I've gotten some really awesome pictures.


P.S. I was tagged by Kicia Vintage to do the 8 Things post, which you can also expect as soon as I get home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Age old New shoes, and the buddy system.

Ending Junior Year / Back injury (lol) / Looking Ahead

New poem: North & South (Unrelated to George Eliot)