November 30
"I'm not who I used to be,"
For the first time, this thought doesn't scare me.
Hanging upside down with my head off the bed,
matted, unbrushed hair masked by a headband
swinging like thousands of strand like pendulums.
Composition notebooks, uncapped pens,
received letters, sprawled in a circle surrounding me.
Sitting indian style, I engross myself in writing to
some of my dearest friends, speaking of school,
holidays, and hopefulness.
I've never been so curious and so self-assured.
I'm happy just trying,
even if goals simply remain just that.
You can trust me with secrets.
For the first time, this thought doesn't scare me.
Hanging upside down with my head off the bed,
matted, unbrushed hair masked by a headband
swinging like thousands of strand like pendulums.
Composition notebooks, uncapped pens,
received letters, sprawled in a circle surrounding me.
Sitting indian style, I engross myself in writing to
some of my dearest friends, speaking of school,
holidays, and hopefulness.
I've never been so curious and so self-assured.
I'm happy just trying,
even if goals simply remain just that.
You can trust me with secrets.
Comments