July 26, 2008

The summer seems to be going by pretty quickly,
I've wasted all of my time.
So, I've cemented the classes I am taking for high school in the fall.
I'm taking french 1, ceramics 1, algebra 1, world history, environmental science,
Honors English 1, etc.
I think that's all of them.
I'm taking ceramics in place of gym, thank you mom.
I was going to take art 1, but the only art 1 class that I could get into is at the same time
as my English class, so giant ceramic inappropriate obhects, here I come!
(Pun unintended.)

I still have to do my summer reading and packets.
The Chosen by Chaim Potok, This I believe: The Personal Philosophies of Remarkable Men and Women, and A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. I have a science packet to do on A Short History of Nearly Everything, and a math packet that I've been slowly doing a little bit of, I've forgotten so much already. It's a mess.


I am going to do bad in school, namely because The Sims 2 has a new expansion pack coming out.
Apartment Life, I of course will buy it a day after it comes out, because I'm chill and there's no rush. Hah. It seems pretty fun, and it might be the last expansion pack. It's pretty self explanatory, you can live in an apartment, with multiple households on one lot, though I'm not sure how you'd control them all and everything.

Features:
  • Move into the perfect apartment: a spacious loft, a cozy place for a young couple, or a multi-bedroom flat-share with friends.
  • Mingle with Sims from all-new social groups: stylish socialites, artsy bohemians, sports jocks, gadget-collecting techies, or edgy gearheads.
  • Take advantage of apartment life: form social networks to make new friends, advance their careers, or look for love.
  • Build your Sim's new reputation meter: with a good reputation, your Sim can find the right friends to help them achieve their goals!
  • Control multiple households: will you make your Sims live in happy harmony or comical conflict?

I'm also intrigued by the new skills sims can learn from bookshelves. Fire Prevention, Anger Management, Lifelong Happiness, Physiology, and Couple Counseling. I'm getting more excited about this.

I am such a nerd, Blogging about a computer game? Wow. (Pun intended world of warcraft lawl.)


Party at my Sim's House!

The next order of business, is books!
I am going to start reading some more. I'm looking to buy some new books.
I'm definitely going to get Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel and Crank by Ellen Hopkins.
So please send me your suggestions, recommendations, or the names of your favorite books/authors. I'm also going to start doing reviews again, on Writer's Bloc. I've finished One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and once I watch the movie I'll do a double review on that. I'm currently reading 9 Stories by J.D Salinger. It's very interesting, and I like that it's a collection of short stories, so that I can pick it up after not reading it for weeks, and not feel guilty or not remember anything.

I've decided to write a short story everyday, I haven't done mine yet for today,
but something is brewing up there, and I've got some ideas. I still have to finish and mail Elise's letter.

I'm working on a painting of Sam for her, but I feel like I'm in kind of a funk with painting. Nothing comes out how I want, I guess I'll just give it time.

Anyways,
things are looking up, and I've got a lot going on. , I feel like I'm trying, and it feels good .

The Dark Knight is amazing, I absolutely recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Age old New shoes, and the buddy system.

Ending Junior Year / Back injury (lol) / Looking Ahead

New poem: North & South (Unrelated to George Eliot)