Another poem & some MewithoutYou
Hey there, my previous poem post seemed to be a success so I figured I would share another. I have written over 10 poems this summer (which is actually half the requirement for thesis, but not all 10 are good obviously!) But I thought I'd share this one, written on week 5.
Easy Sun (Week 5)
There is a skinny cat blinking slow
stretched out in a triangular patch of sun.
At an earlier hour, this kind of heat
would pull the driveway to a taffy
-- a perfect quicksand for green plastic soldiers.
But it is late afternoon-- golden hour
The way my skin feels after soaking
in million year old light.
I want to fill my tub with your heat
so that when I sit upright
the steam continues to rise from my knees.
I feel sweat form on the small of my back
my sunburn itches and I blink slow.
This is one of my favorite songs lyrically but I always love MewithoutYou, especially when I'm working through anything emotionally or mentally. These lines have been running through my mind this evening and I thought I would share:
Your flavor in my mind swings back and fourth between
sweeter than any wine as bitter as mustard greens
Light and dark as honeydew and pumperknickel bread
The trap I set for your seems to have caught my leg instead.
M
Comments