Post from my bedroom:

I'm sorry it's been so long,
but I've been learning and doing a lot lately.
I'm about to post a very short blog so that I can post that to facebook/twitter/whatever about some simple things that are happening, so this will be an extended version, so to speak.

Last saturday I got home from a week in Cape Cod with Samantha and her family at their house there. It was tons of fun, Sam and I read a lot, biked a lot, sprawled out on the beach, played frisbee, played with Molly, listened to good tunes, ate delicious food, etc. I read Kurt Vonnegut's Sirens of Titans, which was aweosme but I still think my favorite so far has been Breakfast of Champions. I also read a terrible Nicholas Sparks book (surprise!) because I wanted a dumb, easy read to... cleanse my mental palette I suppose. Then I started Salomé, which is brilliant and awesome. It's the first historical fiction I've read and my mom has been begging me to read it since she did in some class a few months ago. During the vacation I've learned a few things about myself, and who I am and who I am becoming. I've realized I want to be nicer to the people that matter, my parents, my siblings, my friends, etc. Not that I intend to be mean to people I don't consider my close friends or family, but just that I need to work on showing my gratitude for the awesome people in my life.

I've been biking a lot lately, sleeping more, eating better and I feel great. I've been writing poetry/vignettes/thoughts in a journal. My first really successful journal. The first on I feel like captures me, it's a mess of letters, poems, entries, pictures, pressed flowers, notes, etc. and I love it. Most of what I write is written in there for a reason, and thus I may not be posting every poem or piece I write in there on here. Maybe I'll post some things but for the most part, I need this to be a personal endeavor, for the sake of my writing I suppose.

Things are going to change around here very soon. In two weeks my step brother Danny is moving, about 15 minutes away at most. Then on August 1st Alex and Kelly are moving to New Jersey and I will begin moving into Alex's room. Then on August 15th I will get my license (given that I finish my on-roads by then, fingers crossed). The following day, my dad moves to Venice Beach, Florida. A week or two later, Derek will return to WNEC, and my house will consist of my parents, my step brother Steve, and me. These are all very exciting changes, so I am quite excited for them, and essentially the month of August as a whole.

I'll try to post regularly, but you can expect to see some more updates rather than my writing because as I'm developing my writing and trying to get back into the swing of it all, I need my writerly privacy.

-M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Age old New shoes, and the buddy system.

Ending Junior Year / Back injury (lol) / Looking Ahead

New poem: North & South (Unrelated to George Eliot)