This is the internet space where I try to connect and organize the "et cetera" of my mind into something intelligible, with the intention--always-- to grow.
Haha
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Who would have thought that trying to take an Earth Science test,
having a fever, and hearing your first kiss mispronounce
words for sexual organs would be as funny as it was?
I had to go shopping because I didn't have any shoes that matched my Class Night/ Graduation dresses. I ended up getting two pairs, Shirley Temple's shoes, and Helen of Troy's. Don't tell them. The adventure started when my mom came home with the brilliant idea of heading to the mall to buy some shoes. JcPenney had nothing, and smelt kind of bad, but I bought Sam a shirt and told her happy birthday, a few months late. So we made a quick stop to McDonald's where I was checked out by a cute boy at the drive up window, who followed us to the second window, so he could talk to us again,. The food wasn't very good, greasy fries, and too crunchy chicken nuggets. Hi-C was great though, it never lets me down. So then we headed over to Pay-Less, where we did just that. I got two pairs of shoes, and my mom got one. Sam and I giggled at some Hannah Montana socks, and I took a long time. I hate shoe shopping, I have a system. -Buy a pair of shoes at Mass Bay Co...
There's less than a week left before I move out of school for the summer and I can't believe I only have two semesters left. This past week has been really hectic but finals and the projects I've been working on this semester are all tying up nicely. Last week I had an accident at work and slipped on the wood staircase at my nanny-family's house while holding the 7-month-old. She was totally fine, but in order to hold onto the little one I didn't break my fall and slid all the way down the stairs nailing my lower back on each step. After an ER visit, a visit to the health center, and a visit to my PCP, I've been poked, prodded, and prescribed more than I have in my collective 21 years. The injury was horrible but short-term. I basically bruised up my lower spine, the left side of my pelvis, and my coccyx. It has really sucked but within a week I'm already feeling ready to return to work tomorrow (with less slippery socks). It's been a serious reality ...
North & South We are North and South, respectively. You are stoic, rocky terrain. All corners and edges, the buttoned collar pinned below your adam’s apple, your throat’s summit. I am soft clay fields, yielding and sinking. The kind of humidity that unties itself, a wet you’re not quite sure you’re feeling, near-steam. You are resilient pine and I am sloping dogwood. I am the choking heat and brutal burning sun. You are brittle biting cold and white paper blank sky. But we can reach stretched fingertips-to-toes and I will pass you a bit of me. Will you exchange with me? Lend me your shorebirds, dutiful aviators guided by sun-compass as it sets over us. I will save the dots of my lower-case i’s and send them to you scattered across a blackboard sky. Though the distance stretches between us, I am wrapped in you as a cold breeze drops evening temperatures. Your composure once bouldered, is collapsed sand beneath me. Our differences...
Comments